The fab 5 that keeps me going...

The fab 5 that keeps me going...
One generation plants the trees; another gets the shade. ~ Chinese Proverb

Monday, August 17, 2009

Twelve Pounds...

I have seen firsthand the devastation of hunger. I have seen a mother of skin and bones struggling to feed her baby ~ of the likes I never could imagine. This was during my trip to Nepal as a young graduate student naive of the world. It shocked me into a reality too intense to absorb, yet I carry it with me every day - the image...

But nothing hits home like the trip to Ethiopia. I'll write more as I become brave. But its a spot within me so deep I can't type the words without sobbing.

Nonetheless, the project is underway and I feel energized and rejuvinated by the folks that have chosen to participate. Thank you. Really, thank you.

The first weigh-in was exciting ~ albeit 12 lbs., including my donation, marked the beginning. The start of anything is always the hardest but the smiling faces I have encountered thus far in Catalina Vista, make it easy to go on.









It really was a monumental moment of the start of the difference we will make ~ together.



It was also a really nice surprise to run into Peter Norback ~ the person behind the idea of One Can A Week. Peter is a good soul with an incredible vision and what's special about him is ~ he never gives up. He is making a difference in the world.



Each one of our donations every week make a difference in the world no matter how big or small.
They matter. YOU matter.
See you next Sunday!
Lisa





No comments:

Post a Comment